Saturday, October 13, 2012

October, the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

I love autumn, all of it's crisp sweatery goodness.  The leaves changing, the taste of mulled cider, pumpkin everything!  However, it is the artists worst nightmare; especially, if you need to go to the craft store for supplies.  The trip started innocently, just some cotton muslin and gold leaf.  I went on by break from work because I had gobs of time.  Apparently, not enough.  I had forgotten what a mad house fabric and craft stores are come October.  So wrapping the mummy will have to wait a couple of weeks.

The mouse has come alone quite well.  I am pleased with how it dried.  I am sure that I have a better understanding of keeping parts of the body which will be kept exposed and preserved via resin.  I light a stick of incense next to it every morning, and I'm a little bummed that I got rid of my Egyptian Book of the Dead.  Who knew I would  be adding mummification to the laundry list of talents.

Today, I'm headed to Gettysburg to poke around antique shops, and stand in cold spots with my best friend and husband.  Maybe walk through a cemetery or two.  In two Wednesdays I'll be strolling into the doors of The Mourning Museum in Drexel Hill, PA.  How sad is it that I am probably more stoked about that than ever going to Disney World.  This is his anniversary gift to me.  Maybe we can pop over to the Mutter Museum for a quick visit with the wall of skulls, and perhaps a new 2013 Calender just in case we make it past December 21st.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment