Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Convalescing a Strange Fox

This has been in the works for some time now.  Co-owner of the spa that I work at asked me if I would take a look at her sister in law's fox, that her dog had gotten a hold of during a fit of anxiety.  I agreed and today I finally met him.

Meet Wilfred...

So super handsome!


Wilfred was maimed by Fletch, R's dog.

A bit more than a flesh wound, he will be like the bionic man when I'm finished.


It is my job to restore Wilfred to his old glory.  I'm not going to lie, the condition of the pelt has me a little concerned.  It's very dry.  I will need to rebuild the leg form and then reattach the pelt and pelt pieces to the form.  This is going to be very detail oriented and time consuming.  But who doesn't like a challenge?

I am so happy that these opportunities are coming into my life!!!

Wilfred also enjoys car rides....


And meeting new friends...

Linus says a typical canine, "Hello".

Beamish is a little more confrontational...



No comments:

Post a Comment